Saturday 11 February 2012

Millie Week 24 Monday 11 - Saturday 16 February 1991



Here begins another long storyline, which begins with the stock situation of Valentine's Day, and then, via Saturday's shock twist, wanders all over the place. I'm quite proud of the forthcoming month's Millie strips.

Once again I'm writing from experience. Yes, I was the one who never got any Valentines cards but was forever hopeful. And yes, one year I got three. And it turned out they all came from my Mum.

I never discarded my specs though. That idea came from a friend at school who once lent me a book about the Bates Method of eye exercise: "Better Eyesight without Glasses", the work of a pre-war opthalmological quack repackaged as a self help book. It was all plainly bollocks, but the book still has its adherents, and the sheer lunacy of of its premise (basically, take of your glasses, blink lots, and stare at the sun) stayed with me until it came out here...

No comments:

Post a Comment