Monday 24 September 2012

The smell of technology

This is the first colouring job done on my new Mac. Thank goodness my graphics tablet still runs on it! I've been running an old Power PC iMac for the last eight years and I was starting to find I was no longer able to update my software or run anything over the web any more. GoComics had even started to refuse to upload my comics. So it was time to get a new iMac. I've suddenly leapt four systems and five versions of Photoshop.

The irony is I'm having to keep my old Mac going just as a scanning machine, as Canon can't be bothered to update the drivers for their scanners any more.

Can I say the new Photoshop interface is going to take a bit of getting used to - I can't put two cartoons next to one another and use the eye dropper tool to copy colours from one to the other - I now have to toggle between two tabs. It's like working in MS windows 20 years ago - I am not impressed.

It smells nice, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment