Saturday 15 December 2012

Millie Week 67: Mon 16th - Sat 21st Dec 1991

Yes, you have seen strip number four before. Smith reused it a couple of Christmases ago. Here's that version... Interesting to see that when I'm drawing it myself I reverse the dark panels and the light panels so I have less to do.
There's a strip missing from my scrapbook again, though in this case I think it's a pasting-in error. It's Tuesday's strip, and the script goes thusly...

1. The sitting room - Millie's house. Millie watches as Richard manhandles a trussed up Christmas tree into the room.
MILLIE: YOU'VE GOT A REAL TREE, RICHARD!
RICHARD: YES - I'M FED UP WITH THE ARTIFICIAL ONES.

2. Millie holds the earth filled pot that the tree stands up in, and ensures that the tree stays uproght while Richard puts a pair of scissors to the bit of string that is holding the branches to the trunk.
RICHARD: MIND YOU, THERE IS ONE PROBLEM WITH THEM.

3. He suts the string. The branches spring up violently and needles go flying. Richard is caught full-on by the fallout. Millie, by the base, misses the worst of it.
SFX: SPROING!

4. Millie stands up to observe a now naked Christmas tree, and a Richard who looks like the victim of a natural materials only acupuncturist.
RICHARD: THEY DO TEND TO SHED THEIR NEEDLES A BIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment