Saturday 23 March 2013

Millie Week 81: Mon 23 - Sat 28 March 1992

I know nothing about computer games - it's an area of popular culture that has completely passed me by. A few months after writing this series of strips I thought I'd try a Sega megadrive console, in an attempt to see what the fuss was about. Dare I say it, most computer games are deadly dull - I can't see the attraction at all.

The long string of figures Millie reads out of the paper were TV+ codes. The idea was that you programmed the codes into your VCR and it would record the programme you wanted, if by some miracle you had managed to input the long string of 16 figures correctly. It was an attempt at user friendliness which was anything but.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of Videoplus codes were 8 digits or less, it was completely possible to have one of a single digit..

    ReplyDelete