Saturday 22 October 2011

Millie Week 8 Mon 22 - Wed 24 1990

Click to enlarge
Not much to say about this one - apart from mentioning that I'm currently in the chorus of The Sound of Music at the White Rock Theatre in Hastings. Tonight is the last night. I've been finding being in the chorus quite refreshing - compared to having a larger part it's very relaxing. All I have to do is turn up, apply make-up, don a tux and then waltz for a bit. Normally I'd spend all my time up to my first entrance pacing the dressing room, chanting my lines and cues to myself like a Buddhist mantra. Instead, I've been backstage for most of it either reading or inking in next month's batch of Smith cartoons.

The show, incidentally, is excellent. If you're in the Hastings areas, why not come and see it? I've noted in previous blog entries how much I don't like the Sound of Music as a script, but this is a production that transcends its raw material - and the sickly sweetness is kept to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment