Wednesday 7 December 2011

Health and Safety

A necessary evil. I'm all for safety at work, and I applaud the safety advances in places like the construction industry, but the H&S industry tends to expand into places where it's not needed. For me the limit was reached when I was working as a graphic designer at a printing company, and I had to waste a day on a course on 'how to pick up heavy objects'. At the end of the day I was given a card, which told me I was certified to pick up heavy objects for two years and gave an expiry date!  I can now use that card to get out of any heavy lifting as I haven't topped up my lugging things about knowledge.

If you have to go on a course just remember, it can be boiled down to these three things:

1) Bend your knees when picking things up off the floor.
2) Secure your ladder before going up it.
3) Cones can be a trip hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment