Monday 5 December 2011

Where's the snow?

It doesn't normally snow here in England in December. In fact it doesn't normally snow here at all. Until two years ago we've had a series of warm wet winters, with snow tending to appear for five minutes in February, and then disappearing again.

The last two winters have been terrible - with depths of snow up to an unprecedented COUPLE OF INCHES! Snowmageddon! The country closed down for a month, and Hastings was cut off from civilisation.

The weather is back normal this year - in fact I haven't had to switch the heating on at all yet this winter. So much for trying to anticipate the weather when I drew this...

Incidentally, the next month's worth of blog posts will have actually been written and posted in early December. We're off to New Mexico to visit Linda's parents this Christmas. So I've drawn two month's worth of strips and will be preparing a month's worth of blog posts before I go. If I can find WiFi in Clovis (there used to be a church on Prince St with really good WiFi) I'll post supplementary comments on GoComics and the Blog while I'm there...

No comments:

Post a Comment