Friday 27 July 2012

Sport for all


Anyone noticed how the more people say they love watching sport, the less likely they are to actually play it? Your average football fan would be hard pressed to get up from the sofa to change the channel back to Sky Sports after he's just sat on the remote with his voluminous arse. Tennis fans also have a tendency to sit in darkened rooms for the entirety of Wimbledon fortnight.

I should speak. I've been glued to the Tour de France for the past three weeks*, but I haven't been on my bike at all this year.

*I am of course, writing this two weeks before publication - so from my current perspective we're only half way through the race and two British riders from Team Sky are first and second respectively... I wonder if we've won yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment