Saturday 3 August 2013

Millie Week 100: Mon 3 - Sat 8 August 1992

I love Scotland, and I realise I'm giving a completely unfair impression of the friendliness of the natives here. They're very friendly really. And I'm not just saying that because my boss is Glaswegian.

If there's a corner of Scotland I could call my own, it would be the village of Lochranza on the very northern tip of the Isle of Arran. A sea loch, a castle, a distillery, a post office, and more sheep than people, nestled into a glen surrounded by mountains on three sides and the Firth of Clyde on the other - what more could you want? Lochgazza is based on that village.

One of those plot points that you can't get away with any more - the idea that you have to search for somewhere that has a telephone. Cellphones are evil - they destroy fiction.

1 comment:

  1. Sob! This can't be the last one....

    I assume it isn't but I hope you will post some more. I have money :P

    ReplyDelete