Friday 13 June 2014

HD

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how many pixels you broadcast in, until GoComics introduces its zoom facility to Sherpa we're stuck with a maximum resolution of 600 pixels across.

Of course, this blog has been in HD for the last two years. Click on any of these strips to see them at a glorious 1200 pixel resolution.

The right hand panel was drawn as small as I could make it using the thinnest pen I could find, and then scanned at 1,200 dpi - a good 600% higher than my usual sample rate when scanning. The idea was to get the rough finish and texture you'd expect when seeing something in much finer detail than usual. Of course, then I had to reduce the final artowrk to get it to fit into GoComics' 600 pixel width limit, and all the roughness vanished. So I've had to reintroduce it again using Photoshop filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment