Wednesday 27 April 2011

Indecision

I missed Charles and Diana's wedding. I was on the Isle of Arran off the west coast of Scotland where the TV signal was spotty at best, doing a Geography field trip with other A Level students from my school. I remember hiring a bike, cycling halfway around the island, and then coming back to measure pebble sizes in the burn in Glen Catacol.

Charles and Camilla's wedding was spent in a car showroom in Tunbridge Wells, Linda and I bought our Honda Jazz as the ceremony was taking place on monitors all over the sales floor.

Edward and Sophie's wedding was spent cycling through the Medway valley, waiting for the peal of church bells that would sound the all clear telling me it was safe to go home again.

This time round I intend to watch the wedding in Halfords in Brighton, buying a bicycle to replace the one that got stolen last year. After all, it's tradition isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment