Saturday 29 January 2011

Millie No 3

Wendy James? Transvision Vamp? Remember them? No, me neither.

I'm being completely unfair. I'm sure she can say with even more justification "Millie? What was that? Don't remember it!" And "Baby I don't care" was a bloody good single. After the Vamps broke up Elvis Costello wrote an entire album for her, so I think that shows she had more talent than the critics ever credited her for.

But sadly I still get the feeling that the next time we'll see her is in the line up on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

I don't know if Jason Donovan ever made it over the pond, but he was once a cog in the PWL hit factory that gave us Kylie Minogue and Rick Astley, and was serious manufactured pop royalty. He started off in the same Australian soap as Kylie, playing her boyfriend and eventually married her in the show. He then sang a duet with her which was Number 1 for what felt like a year. He's since found his niche in musical theatre (he was the first Joseph when Andrew Lloyd Webber revived Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat).

No comments:

Post a Comment