Monday 9 January 2012

Airing Cupboard

This little tribute to Charles Schulz introduces a series of cartoons which could be drawn and coloured really quickly, and which gave me the chance to visit Linda's folks over Christmas. Cartoonists can't go on holiday - if we want to take some time off we have to work twice as hard as usual to create a backlog of cartoons to run while we are away.

However, there isn't much to do in Clovis, New Mexico. I drew February's strips while I was in the States, and will be coloring them overthe next week. I also wrote loads of gags, and now have the strip written until Mid August.

Like a lot of things in my strips, the airing cupboard is based on one from my childhood, with sliding doors and a boiler inside it. It was in my bedroom, and used to terrify me with the strange noises it would make at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment