Sunday 27 March 2011

Mike Pike Essipode 9

This week's essipode is essentially an extended exercise in the use of a sound effect to create tension. Occasionally I like to do a continuous background. This is a continuous sound effect snaking over ten panels.

It's also a tribute to shows such as Land of the Giants and the Amazing Adventures of Paul on the Floor segment of the Beatles movie Help.

It's lucky that that table happened to have a reel of cotton and a drawing pin as well as a pickle jar on it, isn't it.

The gas fire was drawn from the one I had in the room at the time. The house I was living in had originally been subdivided into bedsits, and was reunited into one household again when my family bought it. Every room had a sink unit and an individual gas fire in it. My bedroom even had a coin-in-the-slot meter in it, and I had to keep feeding the same pre-decimal shilling into it over and over again to keep the electricity on!

No comments:

Post a Comment