Saturday 26 March 2011

The naked cartoonist

No, that's not me. That's a man from a stock photography website. But I will be in this show, and I'm afraid I will be one of the naked ones.

This is one of my other leisure activities, Am Dram. And  for some reason I seem to have settled into musical theatre over the years. Past shows have included Oklahoma! (Ali Hakim, twice), How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying (Bud Frump), The Wizard of Oz (the Wizard, twice) and everything from a sailor in Anything Goes to the front end of a pantomime horse in The Threepenny Opera. But this is the first time I've shown my nadgers to the world.

You will have seen the film of course, and if you haven't do it now. For the musical the action has been transposed from Sheffield to Buffalo New York, but the characters and story are essentially the same.

Rehearsals are going on at the moment. More news and (PG rated) pictures as they arrive, but in the meantime, why not book your tickets early...

No comments:

Post a Comment