Saturday 26 March 2011

Millie, Week 9

Oh dear - another one of those that got rewritten before the Mirror and I worked out how to talk to one another. I can't even find the script for this one, so I can only imagine that it was cobbled together from the original daily scripts I submitted to the Mirror a year earlier when the strip was being developed. I recognise the jokes that are buried in there somewhere but the timing's gone all wrong.

The punchline in panel three is effectively defused by the stage direction shoehorned into the end of Millie's speech balloon. And as for "Frightful Freddie in Nightmare on Elm Street"- words fail me.

Writers and artists may recognise an inner cringe that they do when something of theirs comes out which they don't think is up to standard. This week's Millie does that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment